Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Free Time = Awsome Shirt

Hey everyone! I am EXTREXCITED today because I, Vivien, have finally made my very own shirt! Completely cut and sewn by me (;  If there are any fashion designers out there interested in making one, here are the basic steps...




1. Find a fabric you love and lay it down ,so the back of the fabric is facing you, on a flat surface.
                            
2. Take one of your shirts and trace it on the fabric on the front and back of the shirt with chalk.                   
        
3. Cut out the traced areas with large sharp scissors.

 4. On the back, (#optional) #Sew with hand first (*must)*go over with sewing machine. (don't forget to leave an open space for the head and hands, been there)  (;

 5. Flip the shirt inside out, (should be the front of the fabric now) 
                             
 6. (optional) In all of the open areas, fold the end and sew down so it looks straight and clean. (;
                          


I love the dark lavender color and the fabric, (jersey), is cool and comfortable. This is the first shirt I have ever made so it's not perfect, but it's a huge step up for me. I had to go over to my grandma's house to use her sewing machine  (but she did most of the work on that part) to go over what I had sewn by hand. It will fall apart if it doesn't have stable stitches. I added an extra flower for design, and I did make that one myself, so it wouldn't look too plain, but how you make your shirt should be totally from the mind of you. Post some comments and let me know what you've made or plan on making. Have fun and I'll see you next time. (;




Liking this stitching stuff? Go on my friend Crystal's blog at http://imclearlycrystal.blogspot.com/ to learn how to make a pillow and see the song she wrote. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment