Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Can't-Misses and Must-Reads...and man't-risses...

 Hello again. Today I'm gonna tell you guys about some books and serieses...serieseses...series'?...(I hope you know what I mean)...you can't miss and must read.

 First off I'll tell you about a book called Tuck Everlasting. This is an extremely sweet fantasy book I read and loved by Natalie Babbitt. It's about a young girl named Winnie and her odd experiences with the strange Tuck family. I honestly do not recommend the movie, in my opinion it is a completely different story and the book will touch you much more. It's really  can't-miss book and I think kids 10 and higher will enjoy this the most (;

 The Spiderwick Chronicles is a fantasy and adventure book by Tony DiTerlizzy and Holly Black about the adventures of the Grace children after moving into their great uncle, Arthur Spiderwick's estate. Here, they discover a world of faeries through a guide written by Arthur. There is a continuation of 3 books with different characters but I prefer the first ones. This is a series all kids 9 and up should read. I remember my brother me and some friends got obsessed with it at one point {: This is a must-read.

 The Mysterious Benedict Society is a series of books with more to come by Trenton Lee Stewart about four gifted children, Reynie, Sticky, Kate, and Constance, and their adventures. These are gripping books with amazing writing. Stewart's writing is so clever and exciting you don't want to put the book down. The grammar is sort of complex so I'd recommend this to ages 11 and up. This is a mix of can't-miss and must-read...its a man't-riss, or a... you get it.

 The Percy Jackson series is a fantasy adventure series about Greek mythology by Rick Riordan. When I read the first book, I was hooked. It's about a boy named Percy Jackson and his adventures at Camp Halfblood. I strongly encourage this book. It's a must-read. I'd say kids 9 and up should read this amazing series. Rick Riordan does have other books I have not read but you might wanna check those out too.

 And last but definitely not least, Tangerine by Edward Bloor. This is a, no question about it, must read. It's about a boy named Paul Fisher ,who just moved from Houston, and his family and experiences in Tangerine, Florida. This may seem boring, but this is one of the very best books I've ever read. It is so gripping and unlike any other book I've read. I recommend this to anyone 11 and older.

Thanks for reading! Until next time, have fun, inspire, and get inspired. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment