Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Three Vivart Dreams

Below are some designs that I have put together. The first one below  is called the playing card skirt. This was inspired by a beautiful playing card set I had bought a while before. It was originally designed to have real playing cards on the front and back. I had sleepily drawn the first copy in the back seat of a car on my way back from a trip and redrawn the one shown below later that day. I showed my mom when I finished and like the genius she is she pointed out, "What will happen to the cards when you sit down?" and well...now I'm stumped. I'll maybe just do the cards on one side or on both just for display. Feel free to leave some suggestions in the comments and I'll be sure to consider.





The next dress is called the paper dress, and no, it won't be made of paper. It's designed to look like a piece of notebook paper. I've drawn this sketch a while ago but sadly all I've gotten finished with most of my designs is the sketch. I want to make this dress in a comfortable fabric and for the first model I will probably hand draw the blue and red lines with fabric marker.








This one is one of the only designs I have basically figured out. Though I drew the sketch, I did not make the outfit for this is just an outline. I've worn the outfit to school a few times and I thought of it as something I came up with but I hope to someday make an exact model of the design. I guess you can think of this as a base that you can stretch and fold.









No comments:

Post a Comment