Translate

Monday, July 9, 2012

The Epic Tale of Ketchup, Mustard, & Pepper

Last week, my mom and I worked on a project that may or may not BLOW YOUR MIND!
I realize I'm getting just a little too exited about this but here goes. We hand painted our entire hallway! My mom found a painting by an artist named Calder and loved it. "We have to paint the hallway like this!" she said. So I got to work sketching the figures out in chalk, and when I was done my mom did the higher ones. The next day, first came the ketchups. We used the orange paint we already had for them. Then, when the ketchups were done, then came Mustard. (We also used paints we already had but there was only enough for one.) How did I come up with their names you ask? Well, while I was painting Mustard, my mom came and said, "But it's such an awful yellow, it looks like mustard..."
"Well that's perfect," I said, "Ketchup and Mustard," (:Then we left the two friends Ketchup and Mustard to dry and went to the store to get black paint for the rest of the wall, went back home and went right back to work. My mom said I could do the rest, but I knew she couldn't resist doing one or two. Soon enough she came back and did the taller ones. Then I thought, "Hmmm...what food is black..."  Pepper!And there came the pepper clan.                              


     
                                   
I think that in Calder's painting, the figures were supposed to be balloons, but my mom and I decided to to do them more like flowers or just leave the image of it a mystery. Now, you have heard, The Epic Tale of Ketchup, Mustard, & Pepper...
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment